Adjustment of Status vs. Consular Processing

One of the main reasons clients hire immigration attorneys is to help them get a spouse, parent, child, or sibling a green card. The first step in petitioning for a family member is filing an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. But, what happens next? The answer to this question depends on where the person is located, and if they are here in the United States - whether they are eligible to file for adjustment of status.